Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Beautiful Things

So the good news is that our stucco coating is DONE! The crew came back and finished the job today. The colour is beautiful. I'm so happy with it.

The bad news is that all our trim is still blue, and now it's up to Lindsay & Geoff (well, mostly Geoff) to turn it all white. Geoff is working a string of night shifts right now before he's off for eight days. We (read: Lindsay) had also hoped to tackle the nursery during that time off... We'll see what happens. I'm just really starting to need to get that space ready. I can see it in my head, and it's so pretty. I can hardly wait.

Despite this rather formidable to do list, we are taking this weekend off and road tripping it down to the States for the day on Saturday to pick up a bunch of baby stuff. Fun. I'm kind of excited about spending a day with The Boy. It happens. But between both of our work schedules, it doesn't happen as often as I'd like it too. I like him. And we always have fun together - and we're sure to enjoy a full day of people-watching in the heart of Republican North Dakota... :)

I've spent too much energy lately worrying about how our marriage will handle the addition of a baby. There's absolutely nothing wrong with our relationship. But having a baby a mere thirteen months after having a wedding is something that you're warned against doing since you're small - and I'd assume that's for a reason. These kinds of thoughts were really weighing on me when I went to bed last night.

And then this morning, I was getting ready for work while Geoff arrived home late from a particularly rough night shift. He came upstairs with my very favourite Starbucks in one hand, and one of the pear muffins in the other. For me. And he'd warmed up the muffin.

And I knew absolutely in my heart of hearts that we're going to be just fine.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At September 03, 2008 10:34 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

can your hubby have a talk with my hubby? lol. Where did Geoff learn all these charming things??? :) Lucky you, lucky you.

Hang in there hun. I love you!

 
At September 03, 2008 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are blessed. It made me a little teary : )

 
At September 04, 2008 8:16 AM, Blogger gloria said...

*romantic sigh* horray for mr wright. way to keep the dream alive!

 
At September 04, 2008 8:37 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I second what Erin said :)

 
At September 04, 2008 8:43 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

LOL - you guys are so cute. What a sweet thing to do.

 
At September 04, 2008 10:54 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

That was a very sweet boy you married.

 
At September 04, 2008 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With that creative mind of yours, I'm sure you will figure out ways to keep the spark in both of you alight:)

 
At September 04, 2008 12:21 PM, Blogger ka said...

Oh honey. Try having the baby BEFORE you have the wedding. I don't think that's in The Rules either.

I actually think it's a good thing. I know for us, it's sparked a lot of conversations that we may not have had if we had followed The Path. Sometimes on The Path you're just going through The Motions. And that can be pretty darn scary too.

 
At September 04, 2008 3:30 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

By the way - where are the house pictures? I need a visual update - and I want it with the blue trim. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home