Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Fall Baking

Mmm... I'm probably the only person in Manitoba who's actually excited for this week's fall weather. I pulled out a sweater from my closet this morning - somewhat gleefully, I'll admit. Don't get me wrong - I love summer. I just REALLY love fall. Even more so this year, having experienced the intense discomforts of summertime pregnancy.

I decided to mark this first fall-feeling day with some fall baking. And just because I'm in a particularly generous mood, I'm going to share tonight's recipe with all of you.

Ginger Pear Muffins

Muffins:
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups chopped peeled pears

Topping:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp butter (melted)
1/4 tsp ground ginger

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, and cinnamon. In separate bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, egg, and buttermilk - and pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle in pears and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.

In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, and ginger. Sprinkle over batter.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 03, 2008 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds very yummy. Now if you only had a freezer to put them in. I guess you'll just have to bring some over so they don't go bad ;)

 
At September 03, 2008 4:36 PM, Blogger Danae said...

i'm with you in loving fall, it's always been my favourite season... everything just feels so crisp outside and cozy inside!

 
At September 03, 2008 4:58 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Nope! You're not, and for some reason I'm extra excited this year. These muffins sound delish, I can't wait to try them out, thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home