Thursday, June 05, 2008

The One Where We Gorge Ourselves On Laughter (and food)

I went on hair strike yesterday. I didn't care. This is getting ridiculous. WHY OH WHY did I let Kevyn cut in bangs again right before I headed to this dastardly climate?!

After a quiet day hanging out at Alan & Marilyn's, Geoff and I headed into Vancouver in the evening to meet up with Jason & Amy for dinner. It was such a good time. I can't really explain it, but there are just a few people in the world who a person can meet and instantly connect with. I feel like I've been friends with them forever, and we've spent only a few hours in each other's company - spread out over years.

The food was great, the dessert was on the house (compliments of Miss Amy's connections), and I commented on the way home that the muscles in my face all ached from laughing so much. These friends are running a somewhat-less-than-subtle campaign to get us to move out here - and I'll admit that time with them almost makes it a little tempting... Almost.

Winnipeg is home. But we'll always be back to visit out here. I just need to get my hands on the secret hair products I *know* all the beautiful people in Vancouver must use.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 06, 2008 10:51 AM, Blogger ka said...

Ha - that campaign will only work when BC gets a climate that allows our superfox to have always-fabulous hair.

So, in other words, never. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home