Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A Brief Moment in Time

You know that feeling when you put on an article of clothing and you just feel GOOD in it? I honestly forgot what that felt like. I had my very first one of those since I got pregnant, and it happened in a Gap store in downtown Seattle yesterday.

The dress itself is really nothing special. But I put it on and I felt like a GIRL. I'm not too proud (or too scared of sounding superficial) to admit that I teared up in that fitting room. Then I went scurrying out of the fitting room and into the store to find Geoff and confirm my suspicion that I did, in fact, look like a pregnant version of ME - rather than Lindsay in the frumpy disguise of maternity clothes (you can see her if you squint). I felt pretty. It was a good moment, and one that I'll be clinging to for a while.

Of course, the dress (that I hadn't exactly budgeted for) came home with me. But the jeans I'd found were on sale for less than half price - hooray for Shopping Math!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 04, 2008 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can remember trying on a t-shirt that actually covered all of my belly - i laughed out loud in the dressing room.

 
At June 04, 2008 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome! It's great when you find something that reminds you of the old you trapped in the pregnant body : ) I can't wait to see it. You should post a picture.

 
At June 04, 2008 5:41 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Picture please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home