Thursday, May 29, 2008

Things No One Warned Me About: Living Without Zippers

One of the oddest things I've needed to get used to in this pregnancy? The rather disturbing lack of zippers on my stretchy maternity pants. It seriously weirds me out to be pulling my pants on and off so freely, like I'm constantly wearing sweats out in public. Shudder.

And I have these regular (like ten times a day) panic attacks because I don't remember doing up my zipper that last time I was in the washroom... Stop laughing, you jerks. This is serious stuff!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At May 29, 2008 3:20 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

I remember feeling like I was 5 again every time I went to the washroom and not knowing why. I never thought to equate it to the lack of zipper, but you're SO bang on there. I clearly wore a lot of elastic bands growing up in the early eighties.

 
At May 30, 2008 9:16 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

ROFL!!!

 
At May 30, 2008 1:56 PM, Blogger ka said...

And then suddenly you're not preggo anymore and it scares you to think that you WILL have to start remembering to do up zippers again.

Fortunately, I'm not there yet. I put on my "fat pants" the other day and I can do them up but wouldn't dare sit down. Not bad for two weeks out, but still...

 
At May 30, 2008 4:39 PM, Blogger Charlene said...

I know EXACTLY what you are saying! it's the wierdest feeling! just give it a little time, they are the best invention! seriously!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home