Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The One About Visiting Friends & Family

I think that the last time I posted, we were just about to leave to go see Ray & Carole and kids. We did, and much to our surprise and delight - ALL of the kids were home. It was so nice to visit with them, and they very patiently sat through the stack of wedding and Greece pictures that we'd lugged along.

The next morning (Monday), Geoff and I were up early to pack and take off for Vancouver. We spent the day looking at Ikea baby furniture and hunting down the one and only H&M location in BC that sells H&M Mama, their maternity line. We found it without a problem, but I was a little disappointed. I found *some* stuff, but it was less H&M and more Mama - if you've shopped for maternity clothing before, I'm sure you know what I mean. I get that I'm BIG, but is it so very difficult for things to be cute? I end up trying on literally everything they have in these tiny little maternity departments in hopes that SOMETHING will look like ME - just with a little more tummy room.

In the late afternoon, we meandered over to Rob & Vicky's new condo - where we feasted on an amazing dinner and visited until I started to fall asleep on the couch :)

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At June 04, 2008 1:39 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Sounds like a great trip. No Okanagan stops planned?

 
At June 04, 2008 4:18 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Not this time... We'll be in Kamloops for Thu / Fri / Sat to attend my niece Hannah's graduation, and that's as close as we'll come. We drove through last time, though, and it was so gorgeous that I know we'll be back (maybe when I can enjoy some of your local wineries?).

 
At June 04, 2008 5:59 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

That would be great -- let us know if you're ever in our neck of the woods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home