Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The One Where We Finally Return Home

So despite yesterday's adventures, we made it home - safe and sound - compliments of a somewhat sleepy Aaron & Caitlin (thanks again, you two!).

Our flight was nearly 2 hours late departing Abbotsford due to weather in Toronto (the plane we were supposed to be boarding was late getting to the airport because it flew a Toronto - Winnipeg - Calgary - Abbotsford path). That obviously meant that we missed our connecting flight in Calgary, which we knew before we left Abbotsford, and they booked us onto a later flight and gave us a meal voucher to use in Calgary.

For the record, the last airport in the world that you want to get stuck at is Abbotsford - they're the *other* airport that is completely devoid of Starbucks. Or anything even remotely entertaining. Geoff had his stupid headphones in and was listening to music, and I was cranky because my iPod battery died. I kept on trying to say things to him, and he'd just gesture to his headphones and mouth that he couldn't hear me. Um, no $*^@. My intention is that you would take them out, and then proceed to communicate with me. I love him to pieces, but my darling husband nearly died in the Abbotsford airport after we replayed that little scene about 10 times in 45 minutes. I guess Baby really does need her coffee... Poor Geoff :)

Our new flight was scheduled to arrive in Winnipeg at 11.35... But when we arrived in Calgary, we saw that it had also been delayed by half an hour, and then we lost nearly half an hour in the air due to wind. We finally arrived in Winnipeg just before 12.30. By the time we collected our luggage and arrived at home, it was well after 01.00. Ugh.

We're home, but we're TIRED. Thank goodness my 8 am meeting was cancelled for today!

I'm only at work until 14.00, and then Geoff's coming to pick me up for our very first ultrasound at St B. I'm so excited to 'meet' our baby!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 11, 2008 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, have fun at your ultrasound. I loved my ultrasounds. Such a neat experience to see your baby for the very first time.

 
At June 12, 2008 7:46 AM, Blogger gloria said...

say hi to baby for me

 
At June 12, 2008 10:39 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

I am so excited for you for your ultrasound. Bring a tissue!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home