Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Springtime Stroll

Have I mentioned lately how much I love our neighbourhood? I'm just so totally content to live exactly where we live, in this exact little spot in the world. In all the dingy brown spring-ness of the last couple of weeks, I almost forgot how happy it made me to live where I live. But last night, I remembered.

I got home from work and decided to walk to get groceries for dinner. Stephen & Andrew's is a pleasant 10 to 15 minute stroll down Academy from our house - and I had lots of time before my television extravaganza started anyway.

The only problem is that - between our house and Stephen & Andrew's - I had to walk past:
1. Moule (amazing shopping)
2. Dorothy's Ice Cream Parlour (oh my god, so much temptation!)
3. Bernard Callebaut Chocolates (whimper)
4. Cornelia Bean (best coffee and tea ever)
5. Tiber River Naturals AND Buttercup Beauty Bar (mmm... pedicures)
6. Shopgirl (very cute and pregnancy-friendly babydoll dress in the window)

Reader, you will be very happy to know that I didn't stop once. I did adjust my route home, however, because I didn't trust myself to withstand the ice cream temptation TWICE in one half-hour.

I detoured and walked home down Wellington - which I probably should have done in the first place, because it was just to happy and spring-like and lovely. I counted dozens and dozens of joggers, dog walkers, and cyclists who were out enjoying our first legitimate spring day. It was just... nice.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 16, 2008 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I want to come walk down there with you. At least 2 of those places are on my list of shops to visit. So give me another 3 weeks on this dumb cleanse and maybe we should go for some ice cream? Or are you still on the diet too? Whatever the case, Moule and Tiber River (we could go for pedicures together) are on my list of must go to's.

 
At April 18, 2008 8:29 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

I don't know how you live there on Temptation Island.

(was that one of your reality tv staples? ROFL)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home