Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The New Plan

If you - or someone you're very close to - hasn't been sick, you won't get it. But I grew up being constantly approached by well-meaning acquaintances who were absolutely convinced that whatever they sold would fix me right up. It got to the point where I became skeptical of pretty much anything that wasn't doctor-recommended. Sad, because I probably missed out on some solid alternative therapy ideas. I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

Which is maybe why I have waited this long to trust a combination of herbal supplements and a quasi-extreme diet to keep my symptoms at bay. But after January's no-good-very-bad drug experiment, I felt like this was necessary. And so, beginning on Saturday, I have embarked on a journey scheduled to last around six months - I have committed to taking a ginormous mountain of supplements three times a day and following a strictly outlined nutrition plan, in hope that this might succeed in making me healthy.

I'll let you know how it goes. As if you had any doubt :)

By the way, if you feel like going the extra mile and supporting me in this (and if you're anticipating dining with me at some point in the near future), feel free to request The List and I'd be happy to email it to you.

Oh, and encouragement would be acceptable also. AHEM, Anja and Kari-Ann. Not that I didn't LOVE your comments about how disgusting my non-sushi meal looked compared to your Japanese delicacies last night...

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 05, 2008 8:40 AM, Blogger ka said...

If we had oohed and ahhed over your meal, you would be worried that we were just being nice. That's not very like us.

Sorry. But I've also been eating lots of weird food lately too. I think someone should figure out a way to put folic acid in chocolate. Now THERE'S a meal fit for a preggo lady...

 
At March 05, 2008 9:25 AM, Blogger gloria said...

beware the snake-oil peddlar...

 
At March 05, 2008 9:31 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh, KA. I like you BECAUSE you're not sensitive. You'll be a great mom :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home