Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Food!

Mmmm... GOOD food. With a few modifications, I managed to create a super-yummy, super-easy meal for The Boy and I this evening.

Mango Salsa:
1 cup chopped fresh mango
0.25 cup finely chopped cucumber (skin on)
2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
1 tbsp organic balsamic & red wine dressing
1 tsp grated lime peel

I served it over tilapia fillets (browned with a tiny bit of olive oil and a some more of the balsamic dressing in the pan), with organic brown basmati rice.

I'm happily discovering SO MANY things that I can eat - that actually fill me up and taste amazing. I'm actually starting to think that this food might taste better than regular food (and I'm not just saying that to make myself feel better).

I even made my own chicken noodle soup yesterday. Insane.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At March 05, 2008 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you've started? I was just thinking yesterday as I scratched my arms and legs raw that it was time. We'll have to have a visit where we can compare notes.

 
At March 05, 2008 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is this mostly organic food? HOPE it works to bring good health and pain relief. That salsa on tilapia sounds really good:)

 
At March 05, 2008 5:45 PM, Blogger gloria said...

i am always a fan of food... :)

 
At March 05, 2008 9:30 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Erin - Funny, because I've been telling myself that I need to call/email you, so we can form a support group - or a recipe swap!

Marilyn - Yeah, it's all free of chemicals and preservatives, which I'm very excited about. A little more complicated than that because we're reducing gluten and dairy, etc. I have a list that I can email you if you're interested...

Gloria - That's another support group that we'll start. A fan club, perhaps? Mmmm...

 
At March 06, 2008 9:20 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

I would like to see your list. It sounds very interesting and this is an idea I've also toyed with just to see if it does anything to counteract the effects my stress load has on my body.

 
At March 06, 2008 9:34 AM, Blogger gloria said...

crystal, wonder if you ever considered maybe dropping one of the gazillion things you are involved in? that might lighten the effect the stress load has on your body!

linds, sorry for commandering your comments page.

 
At March 06, 2008 10:19 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Crystal - I'll send it to you so you can see. I felt disgusting for the first couple of days, but yesterday and today, I've had more energy than I've had in a long time. Kind of by default, it's slowing me down a little too - it's not an option to just grab food on the go anymore. And I'm pretty okay with that.

Gloria - Comment away... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home