Thursday, December 20, 2007

At Christmas Time

I know I've been slack on the whole blogging thing lately.

It's weird. The time approaching Christmas is always so hard for me, and I'm not really sure why. I always flare up - which means that I get super-exhausted and my pain level skyrockets and I'm just kind of generally not myself. And every year, it's an identical feeling of being totally ripped off, because I *love* Christmas, and I want to fully enjoy this time. And I get even more frustrated by the fact that I planned for this. I start getting ready for Christmas waaaay ahead of time, and I pace myself, and I take care of myself - and still, the same thing happens every year.

Add to that the fact that every single client tends to get a little bit crazy the week before Christmas, pushing through deadlines and just being generally cranky and demanding. And add to that the fact that, no matter what happens in my job, it is *always* Lindsay's fault. And I'm pretty much ready for vacation.

I think that God must grant me some kind of extra measure of patience during this week before Christmas. It is so incredibly hard to deal with a client who's upset that we can't deliver a project early to accommodate their spontaneous beach vacation when I'm sitting in that meeting and feeling nauseated from the pain in my body.

And I'm far from being the person with the biggest problems to worry about this holiday season.

Anyway. Last night, I let go of all of that (the universe forced me to, because I left my cell phone at work accidentally - the horror!). Geoff and I went to Anica & Sophie's holiday concert at school and it was so much fun. It was a proper elementary school holiday concert - complete with that girl in a red velvet dress who positioned herself right in front of the mic and sang *very* exuberantly (completely tone-deaf, of course), those kids who were waving frantically to make sure their parents saw them (so adorable), and that one kid who pulled his santa hat right down to his chin and refused to show his face (but kept up with all the actions - pretty impressive).

It was awesome. It made me feel all Christmassy inside :)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2007 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the concert distracted you a little bit from discomfort:)

At our church's kids concert on Sun. the front row had a little girl who several times pulled up her dress - a puzzle until I realized it was her tights that needed help:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home