Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend Update: Party Girl Edition

So here's what *was* on my agenda for this past weekend:
- SLEEP IN
- Finish my Christmas shopping
- Wish I hadn't participated in Friday night Cocoon karaoke
- Finish writing out all the still-blank cards that have been sitting in our office for a month
- Do some laundry
- Book a mani/pedi
- Buy 240g of meat, then take a picture of it
- Eat more Christmas cookies
- Think quasi-seriously about going for a run, then decide it's too cold

And here's a quick overview of what I *actually* accomplished:

- SLEEP IN
Check! A blissful Saturday morning...

- Finish my Christmas shopping
Check! A not-so-blissful Saturday early evening... But at least it's done.

- Wish I hadn't participated in Friday night Cocoon karaoke
I set a record by actually *not* doing karaoke, for the first time in my history at Cocoon. Though I did regret some other points of the evening, namely allowing Chuck and Jason to mix my drinks... Ugh. This may or may not have contributed to my sleeping in on Saturday. Rest assured, I spent a good portion of Monday morning yelling at them.

- Finish writing out all the still-blank cards that have been sitting in our office for a month
Well, not so much finished, but I got a few done. It's on my agenda again tonight.

- Do some laundry
Um, I started. And then I fell asleep (last night). And so Geoff actually went and switched the laundry, and pulled it out and folded it and brought it upstairs after I went to bed. So sweet. So I guess it's a check!

- Book a mani/pedi
Crap. I knew I forgot something.

- Buy 240g of meat, then take a picture of it
Okay, I couldn't quite work up the nerve to do it.

- Eat more Christmas cookies
Check!

- Think quasi-seriously about going for a run, then decide it's too cold
Check!

Not too shabby, I think. In between all these stellar accomplishments, we helped Geoff's friend Erin celebrate her 27th birthday on Saturday night, we went to church on Sunday morning (and I got to see Meredith, which is always a treat!), and got groceries and cooked a *real* meal on Sunday night. It was just about enough to make me wish for another weekend to recover from this one :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 19, 2007 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that "my" MEredith?

Maggie

 
At December 19, 2007 10:41 AM, Blogger ka said...

Ew. Man doing laundry. I've made it VERY clear to The Boy that this is grounds for divorce. I've had many a roommate in the past just throw my stuff from the washer to the dryer. NOTHING GOES IN THE DRYER WHEN YOU ARE 6 FEET TALL! It just falls into my "if you want something done right" category. :) I envy women who are able to let men do the laundry. I wish...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home