Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Weekend Update: Turkey Edition

How would you like your update - chronologically? alphabetically? in order from happiest to most stressed out, or vice versa? in a song or a rhyme, perhaps?

I'm feeling... Well, yeah, that's it - I'm feeling. It's been a crazy ten days. I got married, I moved (a work in progress), I changed my name, I took some time off work, I came back to work, I switched over most of my ID, I started acupuncture and went for all kinds of new medical tests... And I've been fighting some kind of nasty, resilient flu bug during all of it. Exhausted is an understatement. But happy. And really, I think that the happy far outweighs the exhausted.

I'd appreciate if you could send some prayers or positive thoughts my way. I've been having a really hard time with my lower back, legs, and shoulders this past month - and it's not going away.

This weekend, I got lots of stuff unpacked and managed to get lots of errands done on Saturday - including some new kitchen stuff I was pretty pumped about (geeeek). Geoff and I visited his church on Sunday, then spent the evening with my dad's side of the extended family. Slept in on Monday (I blame the turkey), then my family helped me move some more of my stuff from my old house to our new house and caught the afternoon show of 'Ratatouille' before dinner at The Forks. Not really sure about the movie... I never switched over to thinking it was a cute little animated story. I thought it was seriously disgusting that all those rats were in the kitchen. Blech. Never mind the thousands of millions of screaming two-year-olds in the theatre, with two million screaming parents ('Shut up! Shut up! I will NEVER take you to see another movie again, EVER!!!'). Not exactly a relaxing afternoon at the movies.

And then with very little ado, it was back to work. My coworkers surprised me at the end of the day with my wedding gift: a wedding scrapbook. I cannot even describe it to you. It was the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life, and it was GLORIOUS. It filled me with so much joy as I flipped through the pages... Pages filled to the brim with all the things I hate most: birds, spelling mistakes, collapsing bridges, eagle statues... Happy sigh. It was awesome. I was totally touched. And my stomach hurt from laughing.

I dragged Geoff through the mall this evening looking for proper sightseeing sneakers for our trip. I found some that were exceptionally cute. AND comfortable. Which is maybe a first for me :)

After dinner, we ran in at Chapters, where I stocked up on three books I'd been desperately coveting: The Shock Doctrine (Naomi Klein), Ecoholic (Adria Vasil), and - WAIT FOR IT! - I Am America (and so can you) (Stephen Colbert), which was released today. Geoff and I even stopped for a picture with Stephen on our way out. Totally made my day :)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 10, 2007 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you do some fun things to counteract the pain you have. Know you are daily (at least) in my prayers. Thank you for specifics to pray for.

 
At October 10, 2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

BEST PICTURE EVER

 
At October 10, 2007 2:02 PM, Blogger gloria said...

L-O-V-E the picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home