Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Vindicated!

Many of you know that I had a very stupid little driving incident happen probably 2 or 3 years ago. I was backing out of a parking spot at a grocery store - slowly and shoulder-checking - when a car pulled up behind me and stopped. I immediately hit my brakes, and thought I'd missed him by just a hair... Until the man jumped out of his car and started screaming and cursing and pointing at a microscopic paint smudge on his shiny pretty Jaguar.

Yes, that's right. A microscopic paint smudge on his car (no dent). And nothing AT ALL on my car.

Unfortunately, if a psychopath (like the very unpleasant man who decided to plant his car immediately behind my backing-up-car) decides that he'd like MPI to pay for this paint touch-up, MPI counts this as a full-on accident - complete with demerits, increased deductibles, in-person claims and inspections, the works. And because I was backing up, it was absolutely my fault, no questions - says the law.

Anyway. The point is that I renewed my drivers' license today and I HAVE MY MERITS BACK. Woohoo!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At October 10, 2007 9:20 AM, Blogger gloria said...

Physco-path with a Jaguar.... sounds familiar. Who do we know that we used to work with that had a Jaguar?

 
At October 10, 2007 9:32 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Funny. But not *that* psychopath with a Jaguar :)

Baden played piano at my wedding, by the way. Having you and him and Mags around today makes that little period in my life worth the stress and the drama it caused.

 
At October 12, 2007 7:48 PM, Blogger gloria said...

awww... gets all teary eyed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home