Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend Update: Sick & Tired Edition

I don't know how it's possible that I'm still not feeling well. I'm trying to just ignore it and live my life anyway - I gave it two days off to get better and it chose not to, so tough luck :)

On Friday, Geoff and I met a bunch of his friends for dinner. We tried the new Academy restaurant (where Freehouse used to be), and were thoroughly underwhelmed. In fact, the service was TERRIBLE. Which was really disappointing because we love the original location, and their service is always awesome. Anyway. I'm unlikely to go back.

On Saturday, we ran errands in the morning, then met up with Emily for lunch. Geoff went home to sleep (he worked nights the rest of the weekend) and Em and I enjoyed a good old-fashioned Girls Day of shopping, food, and movies.

Yesterday, I sang at church in the morning and met some friends for breakfast. Then we headed to Rosenort for my grandma's birthday - she turned 75 this week. We hosted an open house for her in the afternoon, then our whole family had dinner together. It was so fun to see her so happy. My dad and I hid from the old cheek-pinchers and volunteered in the kitchen for most of the afternoon, though I helped serve cake and coffee and did my fair share of mingling.

It ended up being a really long day - especially for a girl who wasn't feeling so hot to begin with. I started on some new stuff this weekend after my new doctor discovered *another* vitamin deficiency that could be messing with my energy levels, but no change yet.

But it had a happy ending. We got an email last night from Geoff's uncle and aunt who live just outside of London, confirming plans for us to spend Sunday, November 11 in Tenterden with them. I'm looking forward to meeting more of my new family - and Geoff's only met them once, so it will be an adventure for him too! Plus, taking a train into the English countryside certainly can't be a bad thing.

Got to see Geoff for about 5 minutes this morning as he was coming home from work and I was leaving for work. This whole night shift thing will definitely be an adjustment. We're both looking forward to two weeks of 'not real life' on vacation... Only nine more sleeps! :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home