Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sicko

It's only Tuesday, and this week has been nothing short of annoying. I've been fighting off some kind of cold/flu bug since about a week before the wedding. And I have finally, officially succumbed. Today is my second 'work from home' day - known to others as a 'sick day,' except that Lindsay HATES being sick and thinks it's boring, so she still manages to bill full-time hours, just stretched out over the whole day/evening, and in her pyjamas on the couch.

Last night, Geoff made dinner and very politely tolerated my need to watch both America's Next Top Model and The Bachelor. (Yes, I said NEED. Shut up.) We also managed to get a couple of things decided for our stint in London near the end of our honeymoon. We booked a hotel - nothing fancy, but very convenient - and... wait for it... a dinner-and-a-show package to go see the West End stage production of Mary Poppins. That should be on a Letterman list of '10 ways to know for sure that your husband loves you.'

Much to my disappointment, I did have to venture outside of my house today. I needed to go drop off my car to have the MPI-mandated immobilizer installed - and Geoff was working. Argh. I called to say I was sick, and asked if I could reschedule... But if I didn't take today's appointment, my vehicle registration would be voided. And so, I threw my hair into a ponytail and went at 8.30 am this morning. NOT impressed. Even less impressed when they informed me that their complimentary shuttle service would not be able to take me home for almost an hour and a half. And the nearest bus stop was a 15-minute walk. I called a cab, but they apparently had a change of heart (my pitiful Zoolander-esque coughing from the lobby may have helped), because an older gentleman was by my side and offering to make an unscheduled shuttle trip almost immediately. Awesome. One more shuttle trip this evening, a charge of $102, and my 'free' immobilizer will be taken care of.

In the meantime, I'm trying to take care of myself and the magnified fibromyalgia / chronic fatigue that always seem to want to join in on the fun when I'm sick with anything.

Here's the tally:
- Alternating chills and boiling hotness, CHECK
- Sore throat, CHECK
- Stuffed up sinuses, CHECK
- Headache, CHECK
- Mild coughing, CHECK
- Irritability, CHECK
- Queasy stomach, CHECK
- Scratchy eyes, CHECK
- Muscle and joint pain, CHECK
- Fatigue, CHECK

I compared my list with this list of symptoms of the plague. Looks like I'll probably recover :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At October 16, 2007 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, sicko, I'm praying that you'll feel better very soon. Try gargling with warm salt water yet? I still have those garlic pills.
love Mom

 
At October 16, 2007 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, I hope you get better really, really quickly! I'm very excited for you that you get to go see Mary Poppins (you lucky girl) and that you don't have the plague : )

 
At October 16, 2007 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing that your sense of humour is alive and kicking despite the flu 'miseries':) Praying for GOOD HEALTH so you can enjoy Mary Poppins and the other sights.

 
At October 16, 2007 5:23 PM, Blogger gloria said...

shall I email you some chicken noodle soup?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home