Monday, October 22, 2007

Best Laid Plans

Argh.

Tonight is Geoff's only truly free evening all week. He's worked the last two nights. And after today, we have a string of four day shifts in a row - which means that he'll be coming home just before 8 and needing to be asleep by 9.30. Not the end of the world, but it meant that it was incredibly important to me to leave the office on time today. And so I worked all day toward my goal of leaving at 5 today.

Which is absolutely meaningless when I'm waiting on stuff from other people who do not share my single-minded goal of spending time with my husband. And so, I am still here. Waiting on a proof. And trying so very hard not to be a *total* bitch about it.

Update: 5.21 pm.
Still waiting on a design proof to send to my client. Walking around VERY LOUDLY in my most menacing high heels to express my displeasure.

Update: 5.26 pm.
Have the proof, but my email crashed and so I can't send it out to the client - though it appears I'm still receiving emails. Just can't send them.

Update: 5.29 pm.
Email from the client: he's going home and will review the proof from there. Which means that I might be stuck here forever. And I still can't email. Sighing as dramatically as I can muster.

Update: 5.49 pm.
Still no email. Finally sent the proof to my client via my home address webmail. Which merely solves the first problem. And brings me no closer to going home tonight. TYPING. VERY. LOUDLY.

Update: 6.04 pm.
%#*@!

Update: 6.36 pm.
At home. Still working. But now working in closer proximity to The Boy, who is doing dishes and making dinner. Not really sure how or why I deserve this - the good OR the bad - but I'm reaching a state of acceptance. And my blood pressure is approaching normal.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 22, 2007 8:03 PM, Blogger gloria said...

LOVE 6:04 update. LOL

 
At October 22, 2007 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not so funny to happen but makes funny reading:) I guess Geoff is making up work so he can have time off later?

 
At October 23, 2007 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that must have sucked! I agree with Gloria, loved the 6:04 update.

 
At October 25, 2007 3:41 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

That sucks babe. I hope you still managed to have a great evening together, even if it didn't work out how you had hoped. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home