Sunday, April 29, 2007

Crazy Weekend Roundup

Let's see...

On Friday after work, Geoff and I went to check out the Palliser/EQ3 warehouse clearance sale. The Boy found a dining room table, a bunch of chairs, and bookcases - all for ridiculously good prices. We grabbed dinner, and then I headed out to Niverville for the weekend. My house is so chaotic right now with people finishing school and moving out and away that I just needed some peace and clean and quiet to try to get my health back on track.

I watched a movie with my mom - correction, half a movie - before I fell asleep. On Saturday, I went on a field trip with my parents to pick up Geoff's purchases from the day before with their van and trailer (Geoff was working)... And my parents did a little damage of their own. They picked up a bunch of the same dining room chairs, plus a new reading chair and ottoman for my mom. The rest of the day was gloriously low-key.

And today, we went on a road trip out to Falcon Lake to check out our family's seasonal spot there this summer. I'm so excited for another summer at the lake... There are no words for how wonderful it feels to have a little place in the world that is totally and utterly relaxing. In the evening, Geoff bribed me with ice cream to go to Cruise Night with him. We'll call it a cultural experience and leave it at that. Not really a 'normal' Sunday night activity for Lindsay, but it was super interesting :)

At the end of it all, I'm feeling better than I was on Friday - but I'm still kind of frustrated that I'm not feeling BETTER. A little bit of fatigue, and some weird muscle pain in my back and legs lately. But tomorrow's a new day, and the start of a new week. And I've already decided that it will be a great one :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 30, 2007 11:14 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. You're almost done with crazy roommates!!!! yay!!!! You know, I was just thinking yesterday about going to the lake and how much I'm looking forward to it. We usually only go 2 times in the year, but it's such a nice hiatus that it's worth looking forward to. Do have a happy week and hopefully we'll see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home