Monday, April 23, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend

It's one of those Mondays where I'm happy to be back at work, so that I can catch my breath for a second after the weekend. Crazy.

On Friday night, Geoff and I met a few of his friends for the Interpol concert. It was a great show - and great music - but the best part was the crowd-watching. Geoff and I were playing a game of 'count the Castro hats' and we topped 30 before we even went inside.

On Saturday, I ran errands in the morning (including the very important task of picking up some Billabong flip-flops before my size is all sold out), then helped out at Anica's birthday party in the afternoon. Fourteen six- and seven-year-olds, all hopped up on sugar... Exhausting. But very fun. Then Geoff and I headed to Morris, where my family was helping my grandparents pack up for their imminent move to a seniors' apartment - including transferring a pool table from their basement to my parents' basement. Poor boys.

Yesterday, I went to church with Geoff. then to the final concert of the year for the Winnipeg Wind Ensemble. I forgot how much I enjoyed live instrumental music... It was a really fun afternoon. Then, a walk and ice cream (at Dorothy's - delightful's the only word for it), and a quick trip out to Niverville for my sister's last coffeehouse performance with her band.

That's it, other than the tiny detail that it was Prov graduation weekend - which means that there are about a hundred extra people at my house right now... I'm not really used to that. I can handle people and commotion and chaos only up to a certain point - then I need to decompress.

I'm craving a little bit of calm and quiet. I'd love to just sit with a cup of tea and read a book for half an hour. Doesn't that sound amazing? :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home