Monday, January 29, 2007

Return of the Ugly Slippers

I am somewhat famous for my impractical footwear. But my shoes are rarely as ridiculous as they seem. For example, today I was wearing shoes with a three-inch heel. But it was a stacked heel, not a stiletto (better balance). And the sole is made of grippy rubber (traction on ice and snow). Plus, anyone who knows me knows that I always pimp out my shoes with gel inserts, heel cushions, the works. So although they may look silly and superficial, they are actually pretty comfortable. I think. I really don't have anything to compare it to :)

But even my pimped creations get tiresome when I'm walking around the office all day. And it's COLD in here - thanks to an office full of cold-blooded boys.

Just before Christmas, a serendipitous moment transpired: I won a pair of slippers in a gift exchange. Not just any slippers. Grandma slippers. The knitted kind with a little yarn bow on top. These ones are pastel multicoloured. They pretty much rock.

And so I started wearing them at work, much to the dismay of my design-savvy coworkers. But then a terrible thing happened... When I packed to leave my parents' place after the holidays, I couldn't find them. I was actually convinced that a member of my family took them and threw them away (they were as hated at home as they were at work).

I had given up all hope. And then... LIGHT. I arrived in my old room on Friday night, and there they were - sitting at the foot of my bed. Sweet.

I wore them again at work today. I think I'll start a trend. After all, there's only a very thin line between love and hate.

L

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 30, 2007 8:34 AM, Blogger Erin said...

that's just the weirdest thing!!!! I just found my grandma slippers on sunday night when i was reorganizing the basement. i haven't seen them since we moved and i had been thinking about them recently. so i've been wearing them around the house lately and ella just commented about 3 minutes ago "mommy, what are those?" in a slightly condescending voice (as if she's the voice of fashion!). yay grandma slippers!!!

 
At January 30, 2007 8:46 AM, Blogger ka said...

Um, yeah. They sound hot. Totally. :)

 
At January 30, 2007 12:50 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Niiiice... :)
(Erin. Not mean Kari-Ann.)

L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home