Thursday, January 25, 2007

New Perspective

My sister kind of mentioned last week that I was the only person in her wedding party who wears glasses... I can take a hint. I picked up a few pairs of contacts on Tuesday night.

I was trying to remember why I stopped wearing them and went back to glasses. The only thing I managed to come up with was Loewen. When I worked there, I had to leave my house by 7 am to make it in for an 8 am start time. And the office was attached to the factory, which meant that there were always tiny, miniscule wood particles floating around (and every single one seemed to end up in my eyes). It didn't take long for me to learn to love glasses again.

Here's hoping the reverse transition will be equally painless. I feel totally naked without that plastic resting on my nose and ears. It's kind of weird to see the world without a black frame around things, and to enjoy peripheral vision without fuzz. My eyes are a little itchy. But overall, not too bad.

Which is more than I can say for my Tuesday night manicure. I'm pretty unimpressed. One hand is perfect and the other is an unmitigated disaster.

L

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 26, 2007 8:30 AM, Blogger ka said...

See, I've been wearing contacts so long I can't stand the plastic on my face. Though the last time I went to get more contacts I was told I needed a new perscription. From start to finish the whole process took a month, and I had to wear glasses for a month (which allowed me to totally get used to them). Then I had to readjust when I finally had the contacts.

Isn't it ridiculous how much stress such a ridiculous thing can cause us?! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home