Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fry vs Fry

Argh. I officially submit Orville, Christine, Harold, and Oprah to my 'Dead to Me' list. Just for the day, though. When we were walking to our cars after work yesterday, they made me hungry for Burger King. I resisted the temptation, somewhat. I went to Safeway instead and bought 'healthy' fries and ingredients to make a chicken burger (but the lower-fat, all-white-meat kind).

It was tasty. But that's not why I'm mad at them.

I'm mad at them because I went to Safeway, and it was literally PACKED with stupid people. The parking lot was full, the aisles were overflowing, and the line-ups were atrocious. I eventually made it to the till and was about to pay when the cashier asked me, 'Ten percent off your purchase, or ten times the Airmiles, miss?'

Double argh. I make a very definite point of avoiding Safeway on their discount Tuesdays. It's absolute insanity.

That's why I'm mad at my co-workers - and at Oprah. Because if Orville, Harold, and Christine hadn't made me NEED a burger and fries, and if I wasn't suffering from the beginning-of-a-new-year you-should-be-healthier guilt, I never would have been at Safeway in the first place. And I'm not really sure who to blame about the New Years thing. So I choose Oprah. I don't actually watch her show, but I think she's probably to blame for more things than we give her credit for.

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home