Friday, November 17, 2006

PowerBall

Winnipeg's going a little bit nuts with Grey Cup happening this weekend. There are literally seventeen thousand options to go out - Sam Roberts, Tom Cochrane, heck, even the Beach Boys are here. I think the funniest show this week had to have been Kenny Rogers. KENNY ROGERS.

Last night, I went with Geoff and a bunch of his co-workers to PowerBall - my first experience with this little Winnipeg tradition. We saw Mobile, The Trews, Theory of a Deadman, and Three Days Grace (funny how many people accidentally slipped up this week and said 'Third Eye Blind' - hehe, generic rock band names). It was a decent show. I mean, the sound wasn't impressive (odd for the MTS Centre) and the crowd was chock full of nineteen year olds, including an odd number of *ugly* pregnant young girls. Ew. Anyway. The bands were all pretty good - in particular, Theory of a Deadman was really good live.

The funny thing was that, after Three Days Grace wrapped up, you were left sitting there and thinking, 'Cool, now who did these guys open up for?' They're all really solid bands at the opening-act level, but I didn't feel like any one of them is quite worthy of being the drawing card to anything.

I went in with no expectations, and so it was a good night. Don't know how I'd feel if this had been something marked on my calendar months ago in pink glitter gel :)

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home