Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weekend Update

Gaaah. You know that feeling when you're flying just ever-so-slightly out of control? I hate that feeling. But I'd better get used to it.

Girls Night on Friday was awesome... Exactly what I'd been needing. It was so good to schedule some time to relax. I spent Saturday with Em, running errands and shopping. We managed to turn drudgery (like glasses shopping) into a rather enjoyable time and even found some great deals on 'fun' stuff. Then we headed over to Pastor Keith & Loraine's to do what I love best: share my opinion. We helped hang pictures in their new house, and giggled at their neighbour Kaloma's totally amazing sense of humour.

Went to church this morning, then we had a lunch for all the people involved in the mentoring program. Chynna and I attempted to answer all kinds of obscure questions meant to prove how little we know about each other. It was fun to hang out with her, even though we totally bombed on the questions! She's spending the entire month of July at the lake, and I am definitely going to miss her. She's becoming a good friend and a very special part of my life.

Mmm. Sunday afternoon. I LOVE Sunday afternoons. I simply adore the laziness of the day. I spent this lazy Sunday afternoon curled up on my parents' porch swing, reading a book that is entertaining me but not making me smarter. Perfect.

Then it was back to Keith & Loraine's for a BBQ they were hosting to thank all the people who have helped them with their move (not sure how giving my opinion on picture-hanging qualifies me, but I won't complain!). I was reminded again how much we all live in our own comfortable little bubbles when I had a chance to meet a couple at the BBQ who have been attending our church for a few months. They were such amazing, nice people and they've been right under my nose since January, attending my church and living less than 5 minutes from me in Winnipeg. Makes you wonder about all the people and experiences we miss out on just because we're busy.

And thus begins the craziest week in the history of the world. Or at least, in Lindsay's world. It's all good stuff, there's just a heck of a lot of it.

I should probably start it off with some sleep!

L

PS - A few pics from the BBQ (photography courtesy of Levon & Marina)

Diana, my parents, me, Greg


Me & Mom

1 Comments:

At June 26, 2006 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it's Sara by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home