Tuesday, June 20, 2006

'So does everybody else'

Life is full of disappointment.

Sometimes it comes in small packages, like arriving at Tim Horton's only to discover they're sold out of strawberry tarts. Sometimes it's medium-sized, like getting stuck in a torrential downpour whilst holding a favourite paperback book. Sometimes it's a little larger, like a client turning completely irrational and yelling at you on the phone.

Kind of makes you want to keep your expectations low, to avoid disappointment. But then you'd miss on the truly incredible feeling of anticipating something and having it turn out smashingly.

Fortunately, in the midst of all today's disappointment, I also managed one of these little gems: the new Nelly Furtado CD. I'm a big fan of hers, and I've been waiting for this disc for a while... I picked it up after work today and popped it into my car CD player - and it's been playing non-stop ever since. It's amazing. In particular, 'Say it Right' is stunning. I love these CDs that are good from start to finish, so you're not lunging for the remote to skip over that one annoying song that makes you cringe. This one's up there with 'Surfacing' and 'Ray of Light.'

Now if only I wasn't SO white and prissy. I can't help dancing... And yet I feel I look so foolish.

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home