Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Why women don't need men, and other things that contributed to my somewhat adventurous long weekend.

First things first... I'd hoped to begin my long weekend by meeting a new guy to watch the hockey game. Granted, I was pretty non-committal when we discussed these potential plans on Thursday. But I came home from work on Friday evening and I was ready to go, just waiting for him to contact me to set up a time - like we'd talked about. No contact. I ended up hanging out with Bethany (who was also stood up) and attempting to assemble my new barbeque. I'd call that evidence of women not needing men, but we haven't actually used it to barbeque yet... I'll wait for it to not explode before I declare victory.

And then we had girls weekend at the lake, where we managed to survive in the wild all on our own. Granted, it was 24 hours. And less than 90 minutes from the outskirts of Winnipeg. And a campground with full service where our camper was already set up. But we cooked over the fire, man! That's gotta be worth something.

On a mostly unrelated note, I was assaulted on Saturday morning. If a lawsuit was an option, I'd be pursuing it right now. I saw a new hairdresser for a colour and she maimed me. I have red hair, people. Kind of auburn, but reallyreally red in the sun. It is a different colour on top than it is on the bottom, and it is NOT - by any stretch of the imagination - a 'dark ash blonde' as requested. I'm going to complain after work tonight...

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home