Monday, May 15, 2006

We Are Family

Well. Another Mother's Day successfully celebrated. I think. Actually, you'd better ask my mom.

I ended up having my mom's entire family over for dinner on Sunday, which meant a VERY full house - with very little furniture. It went well. It's always nice to see everyone, though you don't get to visit as much when you're playing hostess. I did get some cuddle time in with baby Mady, so it's all good. Except that she puked on me. But that's just kind of a risk you take.

This was my first Mother's Day EVER where I thought for a second - hey, I want to be celebrated on this day sometime. Don't get me wrong, there's no clock ticking... I just realized that I do eventually want to be a mom. I still have a looong time before Plan B (aka Operation Angelina) kicks in. It's just kinda comforting to realize that there is a slight maternal instinct buried down there, beneath my control freak tendencies and workaholism.

I'll never baby talk, though. I hate people who baby talk. I think it's insulting to infants' intelligence.

L

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2006 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll baby talk. It is an uncontrollable aspect of being human. You are human, therefore, will baby talk. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home