Saturday, April 01, 2006

Guatemala Updates

From Jenni-Lynn - Mar 31.06

Guatemala is so beautiful. I am having a great time but miss you all so much. I met Maiglory on Tuesday and it was tough because she was so shy and she was crying. After talking to the compassion staff, I found out that her mom is the health coordinator at the project and that 10 days ago she collapsed at the church and has been in the hospital since. Maiglory´s father is abusive and is not in the picture but will be if her mom stays in the hospital. Maiglory is staying with her grandmother right now and is not eating. She is so tiny. On Thursday we gave backpacks away and she was so happy. It made my day. She couldn´t stop smiling and I have some awesome pictures!! I got tons of hugs and kisses from her after that. God has been so good. I was sick on Wednesday (cold, not stomach) and when I went to the project I didn´t know if I could do it. I was hot, tired, sick, and discouraged. But I felt a strength beyond myself. For the last 2 days, the only reason I am still standing is because God is being my strength. Today I was able to go meet Ronald (my family´s sponsor child) and his family at their home. It actually was not that bad and he was so happy to see me. Dad, they say that when you come in May you are more than welcome to go and visit them. By the way, he has 2 sisters, 13 and 8 years old, and 2 parents.

Being in Guatemala has been wonderful but difficult because the way they live and do things is just so different. Please pray for safety and health and energy. I should go because there are people waiting for the internet. Thanks for all your prayers - they are definitely working. You can read my journal when you get back for a more detailed explanation, and I have tons of stories to tell. We´re going to Antigua tomorrow so that should be fun. The hard work is over and it is such a relief. I have been eating more that I ever have before!!:) I miss you and love you all so much! See you on Wednesday, and have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home