Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Disney called. They want their cartoon man back.

I look like half a man. I keep on trying to figure out the positive in that (you know, the glass half full), but I've got nothing. I've never had jaw surgery done on only one side of my face before, and so I've never had lopsided swelling like this. It's crazy. One side of my face looks like Lindsay and the other side... well... kind of a Disney caricature of a man with a strong, lumberjack jaw. Now that's sexy.

The surgery seems to have gone well. When they opened me up, they discovered the problem: the wire they put in on one side hadn't infused into the jaw bone. Unfortunately, they realized it was far deeper in than they'd hoped, and so my surgical team made the call midway through to put me under general anesthetic (instead of IV sedation, like we'd planned). All this really means is that my recovery time was groggier because of the additional meds, and my throat is sore because I needed a breathing tube. Oh, and the additional swelling you already heard about :)

Tomorrow will be the test to see if I bruised or not. Ugh. Pray that I didn't.

Other than that... I'm home. I'm kind of ridiculously drugged. But I'm okay.

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home