Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Victory Over DeFEET

Oh yes. I JUST DID.

Anyway.

I learned something new this week. Something foot related, of course.

Know those fabulous boots that you're just dying to have but don't *quite* fit? YOU KNOW WHICH ONES I'M TALKING ABOUT. The ones that look FIERCE but require some serious blood, sweat, and tears to jam your calves into them.

Well, I bought them anyway. And then I took them to a good shoe repair place that *easily* stretched them out for me - just about a quarter inch and just the part of the boot that was extra-snug. They kept them for two days and charged me $15. And I could not be happier about it.

I had no idea that I could do that. And - assuming the boots you have your eye on are a decent quality leather - YOU CAN TOO.

(Is this common knowledge? My calves were significantly smaller before I became a mommy, so I guess I never really paid attention before.)

Labels: