Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gentle

I need to learn to be more gentle with myself.

Do you remember Junior High? Do you remember what it felt like when those girls totally bullied you and made you feel worthless because of something you wore, someone you ate lunch with, or just not going along with the crowd? It didn't happen to me often, but it did happen... And when I think about it, my stomach still ties up into the same awful knots it did way back then when the wounds were fresh.

I can make myself feel like that. Just for having a day that is less productive than I feel it should have been. The key words in that sentence would be I FEEL and SHOULD.

Today, I am choosing to treat myself with the same grace I would offer to my friends without a second thought. Starting with not working (or stressing about work) until Briony's naptime today, and instead taking her for a walk this morning.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2010 1:18 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Some people are blessed/cursed with great memories:) Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home