Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snapshot Of My Day

Woke up to sounds of babbling and screeching.
Wondered why Briony is so obsessed with LOUD NOISES this week.
Took eight seconds to pin back my hair and put on some pants.
Made a bottle.
Brought Briony downstairs.
Handed her the bottle while I checked email on my Blackberry.
Realized that one of my (important) email addresses wasn't working on my Blackberry.
Confirmed that it wasn't working on my laptop either.
Confirmed that it wasn't working by webmail.
Cursed loudly.
Apologized to Briony for cursing.
Changed a diaper.
Attempted to fix email address while fielding four client calls.
Boiled water for tea.
Gave up on fixing email address and just used one of my other nineteen addresses.
Discovered that the signature on that email had reformatted itself into something UGLY.
Attempted to fix signature.
Made tea in teapot.
Gave up on fixing signature and sent email out without a signature.
Updated and sent out a draft of a news release I wrote for a client last night.
Put Briony in her high chair with a muffin and some banana.
Updated and sent out a link to a new blog I set up for a client last night.
Answered the door and received Jehovah's Witness literature from a five year old Asian kid.
Thanked God that I'd pinned back my hair and put on pants this morning.
Got Briony dressed.
Checked in with a subcontractor to make sure things are still on track for today's deadlines.
Explained to a client that I can't 'just run out' for a meeting today.
Explained to client what a conference call is.
Called my mom to complain about my day.
Changed a gross poopy diaper.
Set up WebEx meeting for this afternoon.
Remembered that I had made tea - NOW COLD - and put it in the microwave.
Sent detailed instructions to client on how to use WebEx.
Crossed my fingers that I won't have to play WebEx technical support person later today.
Sent up a quick prayer that Briony will somehow decide to nap during my conference call at 3.
Answered a question about website content that I wrote last week.
Sat down and read a few books with Briony.
Took a call from a supplier about why I haven't subscribed to their media service yet.
Turned the television on for Briony.
Wrote out my To Do List for today.
Laughed sarcastically about the futility of a To Do List.
Replied to two of the emails I'd intended to reply to first thing this morning.
Emailed a client about a project that's due later tonight.
Tried fixing my darn email address again.
Failed again.
Remembered to take the tea out of the microwave. (It's cold again.)

Which brings us to NOON.

T minus 6 hours until my clients shut it down for today.
T minus 7 hours until Briony goes to bed.
T minus 8 hours until Geoff gets home from work.
T minus 9 hours until Geoff goes to bed.

T minus 9 hours + 1 minute until the productive part of my day will begin :)

Labels: , , , ,


At March 30, 2010 8:50 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Hope there is some sleep time in there:)

At March 31, 2010 2:04 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

Aw, I love you. And you're a good mommy. :) Anyone that knows to put down the work and pick up a book still knows how to balance.

At March 31, 2010 7:17 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Marilyn - Yep. Next week :)

Jessica - Thanks...


Post a Comment

<< Home