Monday, March 29, 2010

Cue the Insanity

Today was a productive day. I LOVE PRODUCTIVE DAYS. Surprised? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Geoff was home today, which meant that I had some really great chunks of time available to power through some client deadlines. I'm caught up for tonight, but I still have a list of things to get through on Tuesday and Wednesday. A rather large list. An EPIC LIST. And Geoff's back at work for four straight twelve-hour shifts starting at 7 am tomorrow.

GAAAAH.

I'm sure that I've mentioned it here before, but I believe that it's a very special kind of stupid to tackle full-time work while also attempting full-time motherhood. Now throw in a flare-up of all kinds of arthritis and fibro symptoms (OF COURSE). And a teething, cranky sixteen-month-old (OF COURSE). Just for kicks, let's rip out all possible safety nets, because you've called in every last favour you had while you had surgery a month ago (SIGH). And there you have it. It's a bona fide recipe for disaster. And I'm going to dive right in to that steaming pile head-first tomorrow morning.

Want to know the sick part? I'm still going to like it. Because I do my very best work when I'm so stressed that I can hardly breathe. But I am going to be freaking exhausted by, oh, I'd say 10 am tomorrow.

WISH ME LUCK. Because here I go...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2010 11:12 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

I see a safety net over here if you need one!

 
At March 31, 2010 7:19 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Nicole - Thank you. I just can't bring myself to call a busy mommy with TWO kids at home to ask for help with my ONE kid at home...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home