Saturday, July 11, 2009

Four Down

Two to go.

I knew when I met him that Geoff was a nurse, and that his job required him to work shifts - always long and sometimes nights. I chose him, and I chose this life. So this is *not* complaining.

Most of the time, it's absolutely fine (actually, now that I'm not a traditional Monday to Friday worker, it's *so* much better than 'fine'). But every once in a while, there's a stretch that gets really tough for me. We're in the middle of one of them... Geoff is working 6 out of 7 nights this week, while Briony has been teething and I have been dealing with a moderate flare-up of my RA/fibro symptoms.

Today was a good day, all things considered. Briony officially has two teeth now, and she was happy and fun again today - and she's managed to sleep really well all the way through Teething Week. But I've been dealing with a base pain level of seven, and that's only sustainable for so long... After more than a week of it, I start to crumble a little bit and lose some of my ability to just power through. I managed to accomplish things today - namely, I cleaned the bathroom, tidied up the kitchen, made a proper dinner, and got some of my homework done. But that was only half of my list, and I'm TIRED. And we still have two more nights (and then a catch-up sleep day) to go.

Okay. Got that out of my system. Now I'm going to go and be happy again - happy and non-productive. I'm thinking about DVD reruns of Arrested Development. And popcorn :)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At July 11, 2009 9:08 PM, Blogger Kristen Loewen said...

That's funny - your list of things accomplished is longer than most of mine are on good days.
I'll be sure to think of you the next few days and say many prayers.

 
At July 12, 2009 11:46 AM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Anything I can do to make it easier, help you take a load off and just help out? Just call and I'll be there!

 
At July 12, 2009 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey----brace up!!
You did accomplish a lot,besides the baby,the kitchen.the br.etc
One more night alone and then he's thru these nights.I bet you'd rather be at the lake!!
This too will pass.When you have a flare up you have to be easy on yourself!! Gma

 
At July 12, 2009 10:54 PM, Blogger Sara Beth said...

You're doing great, Linds. An inspiration to us all and almost done the tough stretch! Thinking of you!

PS Have you tried Hylands teething tablets for Briony?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home