Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Perspective

I had a tough morning. It just felt like there were so many worries and stresses landing on my shoulders, and I keep being reminded again and again that I'm not the one in charge here... God seems to have these crazy little plans for my life, and throws these curveballs my way without stopping to ask me about it first. By lunchtime, I was really starting to feel like I need a vacation (fortunately, Em and I have pedicure appointments tonight - which always helps).

And then I logged onto Facebook. The little birthday notification in the corner reminded me that today should have been an old friend's birthday. We met as teenages, then found each other on Facebook back when I first joined, and she lost her fight with cancer last year. I left her a little birthday message with tears streaming down my face.

How ridiculous for me to be stressing about my wonderful, wonderful life.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 18, 2009 11:02 PM, Blogger Jobina said...

It helps to put things in perspective sometimes. Sometimes I watch war movies for the same reason, it puts things into perspective for me and reminds me how precious and fleeting life is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home