Thursday, October 02, 2008

Pregnant Lady SOS

So I'm going to a wedding next weekend. And I'm nine months pregnant. I realllly don't want to drop cash on a formal maternity dress that I will literally only wear once. But I also don't want to look like the frumpy pregnant lady - I'll already be dealing with cankles from the fancy shoes that I'll need to put on to make myself feel like a lady (shudder).

Any ideas? Or any chance that one of you has something nice and maternity-ish hanging in the back of your closet that you wouldn't mind lending out for a weekend? :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 02, 2008 2:14 PM, Blogger Danae said...

hmmm... one idea might be to go to Motherhood, and see if they have any summer dresses on sale now, I only ended bought two dresses during my maternity, one was around 6 months, and the other one was a bridesmaid dress :) And don't worry, no matter what you wear everyone will think you are beautiful because you are pregnant!

 
At October 02, 2008 2:30 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I have a brown wrap maternity dress - knee length that could could borrow (I wear it to church, etc). I also have dressy black pants and a dressy teal/brown flowy number that go good together (it's a shirt by the way). Hmmm.. what else? I have a floor length dress (royal purple), kinda roman like straps, deep V in front & back which is not maternity, but I could be 500 lb and it would still fit. Do any of those grab at you? I could bring them tomorrow night for the shower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home