Monday, July 14, 2008

To iPhone, or Not to iPhone



So I've had July 11 marked on my calendar for a while. When the day came, I treated it like any normal day - even though I knew it was different. It was the day the iPhone came to Canada. And still, on July 14, I haven't made up my mind.

I deliberately kept my old phone and my old expired Rogers contract for almost an extra year, so that I'd be ready to go when the iPhone came. But I hadn't counted on Baby. Cool toys are cool, but can I justify the $200 minimum start-up cost - and a more expensive monthly plan - when we have so much baby stuff to buy?

This all sounds very responsible, but the 'pro' column ('it's SO COOL' is at the top) is putting up a pretty good fight. Rest assured, I'm compiling a pretty compelling argument that includes my need to sync with all things Mac and the likelihood that I'll be doing some freelance while I'm on mat leave.

I'm so conflicted... I know. I need real problems :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

At July 15, 2008 8:45 AM, Blogger gloria said...

it may very well be the last "cool" thing you buy for a long while, go ahead and do it.

 
At July 15, 2008 7:50 PM, Blogger sherri said...

I agree, its obviously something you have wanted for awhile, its not like its impulsive, if the higher fees fit in the budget then your coolio :)

i want one too ;)

 
At July 15, 2008 7:51 PM, Blogger sherri said...

ugh..please forgive the grammar...Are you cringing...i am and I wrote it!

 
At July 16, 2008 8:29 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I want an iPhone so bad . . . yet it is so expensive. On the other hand I don't think the price is going to be going down soon. It's the three year contract thing that kind of tick's me off - why so long Rogers? Tough decision. Since they are super low on stock you'll probably have a week or two to think about it anyway. Good luck on your decision!

 
At July 16, 2008 10:53 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

DO IT! Madi was playing with her uncle's IPhone all weekend and feels that everyone in the world should have one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home