Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What I'm Eating

I don't know about you, but I think we've hit a new low when 'what I'm eating' becomes a hot topic for a blog post :)

Here are a few of my recent Good Recipe Finds, for your culinary enjoyment.

-

Sweet Potato Fries with Creamy Apple Maple Dip

2 medium sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into fry shape
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
0.5 tsp sea salt

Dip:
0.5 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
2 tbsp plain non-fat yogurt
1 tbsp organic maple syrup
Dash of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425º F (220º C). Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Place sweet potato fries into a bowl and toss with oil and salt. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn over. Bake another 8 to 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix all dip ingredients in a bowl. Serve fries immediately with dip on the side.


Walnut Chicken Salad Pita

3 tbsp chopped, cooked spinach
1 tbsp lemon juice
0.5 - 0.75 cup plain, non fat yogurt
1 tsp dry mustard
0.25 cup chopped green onion
0.5 cup finely chopped celery
1 tbsp fresh dill
0.25 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted
2 cooked skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 apple cored and finely chopped
1 tsp pepper
4 leaves romaine lettuce
2 whole wheat pitas or wraps

In a large bowl, combine the spinach, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, green onion, dill and celery. Stir to combine. Add the chicken, apple, and walnuts, blend well, then season with pepper. Spoon a quarter of the mix into each pita half, tuck in a lettuce leave, and serve.


Avacado Smoothie

1 avacado, peeled and cut into chunks
0.5 banana, peeled and cut into chunks
1.5 cups unsweetened soy milk
2 tbsp natural organic honey
0.5 cup crushed ice

Add all ingredients to blender, and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At March 11, 2008 2:04 PM, Blogger ka said...

I like that you give instructions on how much salt to use on the fries. How very "McDonalds" where they are so precise in the measuring to make sure you get the exact salt-to-fry ratio. :)

You almost make this diet sound eatable! Not that mine has been any better. Donna's lima bean casserole was an interesting lunch option the other day... But high in folic acid, you know. ;)

 
At March 11, 2008 4:10 PM, Blogger it's a gong show... said...

hey lindsay

email me that book title and therapist's name k

thanks a million!

blindsay9@yahoo.ca

 
At March 11, 2008 8:00 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oooh, those all sound delish! And hey, at least you've been blogging something, anything. I finally had some "inspiration" to blog for the first time in days today. Something must be in the air.

 
At March 11, 2008 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! I'm so excited for you as you are discovering very edible things on the crazy diet. Once we can break out of the comfort zone it's not so bad, huh? What kind of noodles did you use for your lasagne? I tried with Kamut noodles. Very, very good. I made if for company and they said it was one of the best lasagnes they had tasted. I didn't even tell them till after supper that it was completely organic and natural : )

 
At March 11, 2008 9:27 PM, Blogger gloria said...

did you know Costco sells sweet potato fries? buy them all the time for my family...

 
At March 11, 2008 9:37 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

KA (two letters! you're special) - I fear the day that Lima Bean Casserole is even a consideration for me. Shudder. Not that anything Donna makes or recommends could ever be anything less than wonderful... hehe :)

B - Will do.

N - Thanks. That makes me feel much less lame. Very appreciated.

E - We'll hang out very soon, I promise. And I want to explore your recipe book, for sure. How's your cleanse going?

G - I have no doubt that they're delicious, but are probably treated with something that's on my Do Not Eat list. Sigh. That sounds SO MUCH EASIER than making my own!

 
At March 11, 2008 10:17 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

Aw, those sound amazing. I'm glad you are coping. :) Is it helping though? I miss you so much. We really need to have a sister-to-sister talk asap i think.

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home