Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekend Update: Nothing Fancy Edition

FRIDAY: Um, nothing very exciting. I went to work, I came home, I dropped Geoff off at work, I came home again, and then I worked for a whole bunch of hours with the tv on in the background. My life is SO fabulous :)

SATURDAY: Let's see... I woke up, made myself some tea, worked for a bit, and then Geoff came home - with a couple of Kanye West tickets in hand! SO excited. Anyway. Then he went to bed and I got groceries and scoured a couple of book stores for this one particular title that I really needed for work (and found it).

Then the real work began... I whipped up a ginormous batch of lasagna - enough to throw a couple in my freezer - with all organic ingredients and things that I can eat. I won't lie to y'all - it's pretty amazing.

In the evening, I started reading the book I purchased. It's so intense. I'm writing a piece for a client who deals with youth issues, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about cutting so that I can effectively write this piece from the point of view of a young girl who's thinking about it. This book was written by a journalist who spent years getting to know 50 cutters from around the world, and climbed into their heads and their lives to learn as much as she could about the issue. It's pretty heavy reading, but I'm learning so much. And I'm not-so-secretly enjoying wearing my writer's hat again for this project, especially because I care so much about it. It's a challenge, and I love a challenge :)

SUNDAY: Ugh. Stupid #&$^ daylight savings time. I HATE springing ahead. I'm one of those losers who feels totally off-kilter for at least a week after the clocks change, with that constant nagging feeling that someone's playing a giant prank on me and switching all my clocks to the wrong time so that I'll be early / be late / just generally make an ass of myself.

We went to Geoff's church in the morning because he was doing sound (don't you love how it's still 'Lindsay's church' and 'Geoff's church'?), and I got to see the lovely and talented Miss Meredith Daley there - which always makes me a little bit happy. I still think it's crazy that we ran into each other again at Geoff's church, of all places.

From there, it was lunch at Cafe Kohler (yum) and then an afternoon at the Art Gallery with The Boy. We *finally* checked out the Post Secret exhibit, and the rest of the gallery. It was a fun Sunday afternoon.

The rest of the day was spent reading and experimenting with a couple of new recipes (me), surfing the internet and shoveling snow (Geoff), and watching 'Run Fatboy Run' whilst laughing hysterically (both of us).

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2008 9:23 PM, Blogger it's a gong show... said...

i had a friend who had that addiction (cutting), it was extremely sad. good luck with that piece.

 
At March 11, 2008 9:29 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks, Brandy. I've known people who have fought the addiction as well. It's been incredibly tough to research and write this piece, but I know that it's going to do SO much good for so many people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home