Saturday, April 14, 2007

Asking Good Questions

Guess I'm awake for the day. WOO HOO.

Overall, I think I'm a good question-asker. I ask questions all day - directed to clients, suppliers, and (the trickiest species to extract information from) designers - and I must believe that at least a couple of them are good questions.

In my personal life, it turns out that I suck at this. See, one of my roommates mentioned that they'd been talking with another student about doing a joint garage sale this weekend. What I failed to inquire about was the location of said garage sale. Not like it matters, but I would have bought earplugs or talked about a later start time or something.

You guessed it. People have been running up and down stairs, yelling, going in and out of doors, and just generally 'doing' a garage sale since 7 am (and until well after 1 am last night). I'm trying very hard to be flexible and understanding, but I need more sleep than that in order to recover from my week and try to be pain-free again. It's occasionally simply a bad deal to live with someone who lives with a chronic disease.

I have to plan my fun. I went to the hockey game last night only because I knew I'd be able to sleep in this morning and let my body recover. I really, really need more sleep than this to be able to extract a little bit of fun and/or productivity from my weekends.

If you pray, pray for grace on my behalf today. I'm hurting.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 14, 2007 10:26 AM, Blogger gloria said...

awww sweetie, I am sorry you are hurting. pack up your jammies and teddy bear and come over this way, we will let you sleep all day and through the night. plus (!), i have 2 cameron diaz movies here, we can hold a mini film festival and have a blog-off on it!

 
At April 14, 2007 10:43 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Praying for grace!!! Hey congrats on the JT tickets. I haven't hear yet if we're actually going or not. Hope you have a fun and restful weekend. Enjoy the nice weather tomorrow!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home