Thursday, December 28, 2006

Superfreak

So holidays are fine and all, but can I confess something? They totally stress me out. It's not just the busyness of it all. It's the disruption to my schedule.

I'm a control freak. And I'm becoming increasingly comfortable with that truth. Need evidence? I'm the girl who wants to nail down plans a week or two ahead of time. I like to show up early for dinner so that I can pick my chair at the table so my back won't be facing the door. I volunteer to plan events because the idea of just showing up and seeing what happens scares me a little bit. Heck, I can't leave a microwave blinking with 8 seconds left on the clock - I'll push the button to clear the display, doesn't matter whose kitchen I'm in.

My sister convinced me that I don't need to straighten my hair every day (like I have since junior high), because it makes me look 'not fun.' It's been wavy and free for a day and a half now. And I don't feel fun, I just feel messy and out of control. But I think I should get points for trying.

So here's to the return of my life's regular scheduled programming, just a few short days away... :)

Regular? Regularly?? Sigh. I really must add 'learn to let go and live a little' to my to-do list.

L

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home