Monday, December 18, 2006

Darkness and Light

What a difference a month makes.

I've probably blogged before about my (frustrating) search for an effective fibromyalgia treatment. I had essentially put my efforts on hold. It was just too painful to keep hearing that no one could help me. It hurt so much to close that door, to realize that this might be my new normal - and that I didn't have a choice in the matter. And then today... LIGHT.

I got an email from a contact at The Arthritis Society with the names of five local doctors who have already been prescribing a drug I've been trying to get into trials for.

It's far from a done deal. I still need to find out how much this drug would cost me, try to see one of these doctors, and then try to get a prescription from them (this drug requires triplicate signatures, with no refills allowed). But it's something: a new idea to pursue, something to fight for.

All afternoon, I've been thinking about this verse from Romans that my Mom has totally ingrained in me: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit." I wouldn't say this is overflowing with hope... But it's a glimmer. And I'll take it. I was needing some, especially this week as I 'celebrate' the two year anniversary of my diagnosis.

L

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home