Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Official Review

So I thought it must be almost time to submit some thoughts about the Nokia 6682 smartphone I received a few months ago.

In short: so far, so good. I figured out the regular calling stuff pretty quickly. Same with simple things like changing ringtones and settings, the calendar, and taking pictures. The calendar is my favourite thing so far, other than the fact it doesn't sync to my iCal. Actually, the phone's software isn't compatible with Mac at all - kind of disappointing, but okay because I'm still a PC user at home. But it would be nice to have the option.

I'm still getting the hang of a few of the features, and I feel like I'm discovering a new little toy every day. I know there are lots of ridiculous programs I can download to provide direct voice translation, edit pictures, and manipulate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. But I'm taking this one little step at a time.

Haven't managed to add any of my music to the phone yet, other than the Thom Yorke album my brother helped me with. I was sad about that for a nanosecond, until I realized that being forced to listen to Thom Yorke and nothing but Thom Yorke really isn't so bad.

I think the best thing about this phone has been its resilience. I have literally dropped it into a rather deep and icy-cold puddle, aired it out a little, turned it on again, and kept talking. And I've dropped it on the ground at least 5 or 6 times, in non-puddle-related incidents.

Ridiculous, I know. I don't mean to be so abusive. It just happens. And, fortunately, my new phone can take what I dish out.

It's been super-fun - and very interesting - to be on this end of a viral marketing campaign. And speaking of such things... Did you know that you can sign up at The Office website to receive a phone call from Dwight Schrute? :)

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home