Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hello, my name is Lindsay

What happened to 'the customer is always right'? Is it just me, or has customer service gone the way of the horse and buggy, corsets, and those 80s slap bracelets?

On Friday night, I got home from work and I was exhausted, famished, and craving pizza. I seriously considered making some (I do, after all, make a wicked greek pizza), but realized that it would be quicker to order one. And so I did. Pizza Hotline promised to deliver my mushroom-and-tomato-on-thick-crust masterpiece in 45 minutes.

After nearly an hour and a half, I called them to see what was going on. And they had no record of my order. They offered to take my order again, but refused to guarantee faster delivery or discount my order. The only way they could help me, I was told, is if I remembered the name of the person who took my original order.

Um, HELLO. They were lucky I remembered the GENDER of the person who took my pizza order. Or the pizza company I ordered it from, for that matter. It was hardly a major event in my day.

The manager I spoke with was incredibly rude. Apparently, taking pizza orders over the phone IS rocket science. Oh, well. The challenge now will be to make good on my promise to never order pizza from them again.

So many moral objections to keep track of! I should start a list :)

L

5 Comments:

At October 05, 2006 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shakes fist at Pizza Hotline*

I hate getting dicked around by people when they are obviously in the wrong.

Luckily, Dan and I live a hop-skip-jump from two awesome pizza places.

So good is our relationship with the one place (yes, we have a weekly pizza night) that we've invited our "pizza girl" to our Halloween party. (she's really super awesome and friendly)

anywhoooooooo! Good luck next time! (boycott!)

 
At October 05, 2006 9:02 AM, Blogger ka said...

Kris and I ordered from Pizza Hut in Airdrie last time I was out. They said 45 minutes. After an hour, there was no sign of them. So I was nominated to call (he's great at bitching people out - except to their face). The manager agreed that we should have been dining on pizza by that time. He said he'd call the delivery driver and see where things were at. Then he called back and said the driver wrote down the wrong address AND phone number. Since she hadn't called back to Pizza Hut to say this, I guess she was just driving around aimlessly. Had we not called, who knows how long she'd have done that. They took $10 off the order and rushed right over with lukewarm pizza. Fantastic.

 
At October 05, 2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Maybe we should just boycott pizza? :)

L

 
At October 05, 2006 4:35 PM, Blogger ka said...

Blasphemy. Maybe we should all just save our hard earned money and make our own. It tastes better anyhow. :)

 
At October 05, 2006 5:50 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I actually considered it. But I am SO LAZY on Friday nights, it's shameful.

Guess it's back to Chinese this week :P

L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home