Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Adventures in Advertising

Photo shoot is complete. With a sickly plant kindly donated by Chuck's mom. Mine... well... the pictures speak for themselves, I think.

So for those of you keeping track at home, here's what I've accomplished at work recently (in addition to regular *real* work, of course):
- Purchased identical live and dead goldfish
- Learned how to hang (very ugly) wallpaper
- Touched a live goldfish
- Touched a dead goldfish through a plastic bag
- Learned that freezing plants just makes them wet and soggy
- Am now an expert on fishbowl castles and shipwrecks
- Learned that paint thinner kills plants but does not make them brown
- Learned that wallpaper won't stick with spray glue (you'd imagine that two kinds of glue would make the situation twice as sticky...)

Incidentally, all things I didn't learn in university.

Anyway. I'm off to ice some cupcakes, then band practice, then finishing up the YA newsletter and presentation for Sunday.

Have I mentioned that Geoff's coming home tomorrow? :)

L

Result of: Paint thinner, salt mixed into fertilizer (note clumps on top), three days of light deprivation, 24 hours in the freezer, then placed in front of a heater for a day.


Result of: Paint thinner, salt mixed into fertilizer, five days of light deprivation. And I talked meanly to it.

2 Comments:

At September 21, 2006 8:40 AM, Blogger ka said...

Thank goodness Geoff is coming back, otherwise I may have had to stage an intervention... Then again, who am I to talk. I flew to Weyburn this week on a "business trip." :)

 
At September 21, 2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

My friend KARI-ANN did NOT just call ME a workaholic... The irony is rich, my friend.

L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home