Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Friends or Foes?

Do you think the show 'What Not to Wear' does more harm than good? Or is a slightly more fashion-conscious population always a good thing? Are Stacy and Clinton our saviours? Or an early ripple of the antichrist?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the show. But every once in a while when I'm people-watching (which I do pretty much constantly), I see a woman and observe her outfit, then think to myself, 'Now there is a non-fashion-savvy person who's been watching 'What Not to Wear.''

I saw three of those women on my way to work this morning.

They are ALWAYS wearing a blazer or jacket, and shoes that are *trying* to be trendy but obviously originated from either Payless and/or Walmart... In short, no salesperson consulted. Or if they were consulted, somebody lied. They have 'trendy' accessories that just don't quite work, and their bags always look like they were intended to 'go' but never 'match.' Note the use of the word *intended*. To borrow from classic Hollywood (aka 'Clueless'), the final result is a Monet. From far away, you're thinking that she must know what she's wearing, but you get up close and it's all messy.

Yikes. I wonder what strangers say when they blog about me :)

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home