Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Goodbyes

I just got home from driving Libby to the airport. It's going to take some effort to make sure that this doesn't turn into a sad day. It was just an absolute pleasure to have Libby living with us these past two weeks and a bit and she did so much to help us navigate this situation to find our temporary new normal in the middle of all the chaos. It made a huge difference in my world to have extra help around the house and she provided so much stability (and FUN) for Briony.

We'll miss her. I was incredibly sad to say goodbye today. And I'm kind of dreading when Briony wakes up and realizes that her 'Wibby' is gone.

But it was so special to have her here, and to have a chance to get to know her on her own. My nieces were all in high school already when I met them for the first time - and they're all full-fledged adults now - and it's been such a privilege to start getting to know them all as adults. The past two weeks have provided some fabulous memories for all of us.

As an aside, here's Reason #7829 why I love living in Winnipeg. I got up at 5.15 this morning to make myself a little bit presentable. I made coffee and helped Libby finish packing. We got her stuff out to the car and drove to the airport. I found parking there and we got her all checked in, then I stayed until she was through security. I paid for parking, walked back to my car, drove home, came inside, and made myself a cup of tea. When I sat down at my computer, it was 6.15.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home