Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stupid

Okay, I don't even want to talk about this, but here it goes.

Today was a no good very bad day. My flare continues, and it led to a little incident this morning - specifically, I fell. It hasn't happened in probably two years, but sometimes when my fibro is especially bad, my leg muscles just kind of stop working. This time was bad, and it was while I was taking a step in a freshly re-gravelled parking lot.

I'm okay, I think. I'm pretty scraped up and I did something bad to my knee and one shoulder (I have an appointment to get that checked out tomorrow morning). I feel incredibly sore, like the aftermath of a car accident piled on top of everything else. But more than anything, I feel stupid.

My scraped-up arm and bruised, scabby knees are going to look FOXY in a sleeveless dress at my brother's wedding this weekend... Sigh. Good thing it's not about me :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At July 15, 2009 7:37 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh Lindsay, I'm so sorry to hear that. Seriously, is there ANYTHING I can do to help out?

 
At July 15, 2009 8:46 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Not nice): Maybe a colorful and/or gauzy bandage over the damage? Hope the aches go away by Sat.
Nothing stupid about this...blame it on "Rafib", that miserable elf that tripped you.

 
At July 16, 2009 1:02 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks, ladies... Right now, it's a wait-and-see game to find out what I'll be like in the morning. I'm hoping for 'miraculous recovery' - but my alarm is set for 05.30 so that I can assess my situation before Geoff's cutoff where we can possibly call into work as a 'family sick day.' I'm just so afraid of not being able to take care of Briony.

 
At July 16, 2009 12:44 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Oh no. So sorry...what a total pain. Of course it has nothing to do with stupidity. Here's to a quick recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home