Sunday, May 03, 2009

The One Where Everyone Giggles

So we skipped church today. Get over it. We discussed it last night, and we were just really needing a quiet morning. Briony slept until after 7 am (noteworthy, I think) and then we took the rest of the morning at an incredibly leisurely pace. There's something magical about a day when you don't need to be anywhere at all.

Eventually, I put on my proper (ugly) walking shoes and Geoff, Briony, and I walked over to the nearest Starbucks - half an hour uphill, I kid you not. The very best part of my morning? Well, the Starbucks, obviously. But that very delicious victory was tied with the half-hour DOWNHILL walk back to Alan & Marilyn's house.

In the afternoon, we began our hunt for a Mother's Day gift for Marilyn. We know what we're getting for her, we just haven't found the perfect one yet. We visited a few stores, and Briony was in an incredibly silly mood. Every time I looked into her stroller and said 'peek!' she would burst into fits of giggles. FITS of giggles. Giggling that makes that old panda video look like Briony was doing her best impersonation of a sullen angsty teenager. It got to the point where people from around the store - shoppers and employees - were coming to see what was going on. And of course, the giggling was totally contagious. It was as if we were wheeling around this little bundle of absolute sunshine who was going around and making sure that everyone we crossed paths with had a wonderful day. Every person we passed walked away with a mile-wide grin on their face. And Geoff and I laughed so much our faces hurt.

Have I mentioned lately how very much I love this baby girl of ours? I don't know how God decided that *she* was the baby who would fit in our little family perfectly. And I don't know why he thought we deserved her. But he really, really got it right.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 04, 2009 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that - when our kids do something that just makes us want to... love them even more than we already did. I would have loved to have seen this whole little episode of giggling fits. It sounds hilarious, and definately outrageously cute!

 
At May 05, 2009 7:44 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Haha, why does that whole scenario not surprise me? Aww, I miss that little girl!

 
At May 16, 2009 12:52 PM, Anonymous Erin said...

Okay, that actually brought tears to my eyes! That is hilariously cute!! You are right...God DID get it right. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home