Saturday, May 02, 2009

The One With Pancakes and Friends

Geoff, Briony, and I headed into Langley today - the halfway point between us and Jason & Amy - to meet our friends for brunch. Of course, the whole baby + Manitoba time + taking care of an old person thing meant that we'd had breakfast hours earlier and this was very much lunchtime for us (but breakfast for our childless friends). Ah, remember those Saturdays? hehe

It was so much fun to see them, as always. They're totally those friends who you sit down with and then look at your watch a few seconds later and realize that you've been sitting in Denny's for three hours. I don't work with Chuck five days a week anymore, and Baden moved to LA, so it was nice to spend some time with J - I love Geoff and I married him for a reason, but along the way I've collected these guy friends who are incredibly talented when it comes to making fun of me. We were about ten seconds into 'brunch' before I was being criticized for being addicted to coffee - a vice which apparently shows that I have a weak character. Ah, I'd missed him. And I *heart* Amy, who didn't hesitate to order a cup of coffee as a show of solidarity.

They're off to Berlin this week (fancy fancy) so we're hoping to connect with them again later in our trip - we have an epic games night planned. And of course, I'll continue to drop hints about how much they would *love* to have a baby... See, I get my own revenge :)

Completely new topic, but an important one: Briony is almost sitting on her own. She can do it for maybe ten seconds at a time before she gets a little bit wobbly, but she's incredibly steady. I can't believe she's going to be six months old in just a couple of weeks. I know that everyone says the time flies by so quickly, but I seriously underestimated it.

Misunderestimated? ;)

Oh, and I totally rocked dinner last night. I pulled out my trusty meatloaf recipe (don't mock it til you've tried it - I made the best meatloaf in the world), and Geoff's dad actually came back into the kitchen while I was cleaning up to tell me again that dinner had been 'very, very nice.' Funny that it mattered so much to me to hear that. But it totally made my day.

2 Comments:

At May 03, 2009 3:00 PM, Blogger perrygirl :) said...

I'm thinking you might have to share that meatloaf recipe. After almost 22 years of marriage, I'm still looking for a trusty recipe. Please help!

 
At May 04, 2009 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I want the recipe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home